Is there a way to enter my transactions to take the place of "class"

Antonios antoniosx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 06:19:47 EDT 2009

What I have done is create top level accounts to hold income and
expenses of separate business.  I actually create a top level income
and top level expense.  So I may have duplicate expenses in each but I
never want them grouped together since I have disparate business not
multiple similar businesses

On 6/5/09, Michael DeBusk <michael at nlphilia.com> wrote:
> Floyd Cornell wrote:
>
>> I have rental properties and with MS Money I enter transactions by
>> category (say utilities) and then by class (say B street).
>
> If I were in your position, I would treat each property as a separate
> business with a separate set of books.
>
> Barring that, I'd set up a set of books for all properties and have
> sub-accounts for each property, like so:
>
> Income
>     Rent
>         Property A
>         Property B
>         Property C
> Expenses
>     Utilities
>         Property A
>         Property B
>         Property C
>
> --
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments
> Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
> Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548

Sent from my mobile device