Cash Flow report vs. Income Statement

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jun 17 16:33:01 EDT 2009

>a. A basic primer on double entry bookkeeping.

The first question to decide is whether WE need to create this. A
possible alternative is to FIND already existing primers and provide
links (if available as on-line materials) or a suggested reading list if
books. There is a "scope" issue here. There can be documentation for
"how to use GnuCash" for that portion of the user audience who already
know something about double entry bookkeeping. That's documentation to
show how to do things "the GnuCash way" that they already know how to do
using other methods. There can also be documentation "how to do double
entry bookkeeping" (for those who've never don it before) and we might
decide that providing this is part of our mandate BUT need to keep in
mind that this wouldn't likely be directly related to how GnuCash is
doing it.

Michael