sql backend - guid

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 06:01:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:01:23 +0100, David Goodenough
<david.goodenough at linkchoose.co.uk> wrote:
> Well I would have thought that it would be useful as a backup mechanism,
> and also as a way to send a file off to the auditors at year end along
with
> a copy of GnuCash so that they can read it.  Giving them remote access
> to the database would not be sensible, and asking them to set up a
> database version might be beyond them.  For a small company only
> a single person is going to be working on it at the auditor, so a shared
> DB is overkill.

In that case you a complete export as a file.
Nothing has to be in sync then as you will not
import changes.
For such a use-case I wrote the jGnucashViewer
as a standalone, executable jar-file that does not
require an installation.
(For a tax-audit you can supply the software but
 it must not require installation on the examiners
 laptop.)

Marcus