Installing Finance::quote

Xavier LAROSE x.larose at mac.com
Fri Jun 19 17:50:13 EDT 2009

I'm on MAC OS 10.5 and I use Gnucash 2.2.9.
I 've seen in the documentation instructions for install Finance::quote.
But I do not understand the sentence "Change to that directory, open a
root shell and run the command gnc-fq-update”

It is also written in the documentation "To determine if the Perl
module Finance::Quote is already installed on your system, type
“perldoc
Finance::Quote” in a terminal window and check to see if there is any
documentation available. If you
see the documentation, then the module is installed, if you do not see
the documentation, then it has
not been installed."

I did that and got :

Finance::Quote(3)     User Contributed Perl Documentation
Finance::Quote(3)

NAME
        Finance::Quote − Get stock and mutual fund quotes from various
        exchanges

SYNOPSIS
           use Finance::Quote;
           $q = Finance::Quote‐>new;

           $q‐>timeout(60);

           $conversion_rate = $q‐>currency("AUD","USD");
           $q‐>set_currency("EUR");  # Return all info in Euros.

           $q‐>require_labels(qw/price date high low volume/);

           $q‐>failover(1);     # Set failover support (on by
default).

           %quotes  = $q‐>fetch("nasdaq", at stocks);
           $hashref = $q‐>fetch("nyse", at stocks);
/var/folders/G+/G+cbd6S92RaEDE+BYowxn++++TI/-Tmp-/zoih4Obd8Q

What does that mean ?
Is it already installed ?
How to get other quotes than Nyse or Nasdaq, CAC 40 for example ?

Thank you for your help

Xavier LAROSE