custom reports

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Mon Mar 2 01:06:39 EST 2009

Michael McKay wrote:
> Seems so.  I had the same reaction at first but after working with it for a
> few hours, I found it wasn't all that bad.  One benefit is that it gives a
> lot more flexibility than many other programs with custom report editors.
> Quicken or Quickbooks are really limited in this regard.  Even some of the
> big enterprise systems with fancy report editors have limitations.  GNU
> Cash, on the other hand, appears to have plenty of GNU Cash users and
> developers around the planet who, apparently, don't sleep and who are
> willing to lend a hand.  Some may have already developed that custom report
> you are looking for.

Well, it depends on how "custom" you want them.  Most custom reports can
be developed by starting with one of the stock ones and (de-)selecting
accounts and setting filters and other options as appropriate.  You can
do a lot by starting with the Transactions Report, and clicking on
Options.  I don't know Scheme, and the existing options are just fine
for my business, my wife's business, and our investments (including
rental property).

HTH

Cam