GC Won't Load

Steve J snijuniper at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 07:36:36 EST 2009

Additional detail: When I try to close the now black tip window a smaller
window opens within it with the msg: "GnuCash-bin.exe not responding
         Close program
         Try again

I am wary of following the suggestion of installing the "portable" version
because it is a year old and wonder if a reasonable option might be to
remove GC entirely and install a newly downloaded version. What do you
think?

I recently installed the latest GC in a new Vista PC desktop, using same
data file as always. Worked fine several times but this morning when I
tried to load it it stopped at the first opening GC window (which was
visible as always) and the "tips" window, which was black. Smaller
window appeared with the msg on top "Windows - no disk" Lower was the
msg "Exception processing message parameters 0Xc0000013....." What on
earth can I do about this (my line command skills are almost non-existent)?

I load GC from shortcut icon on desktop. Data file is in a "Finances"
folder, also on desktop. Both worked fine before.