ONLINE BANKING ON LINUX

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:06:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Andrew Sackville-West
<andrew at swclan.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 02:42:19PM -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > Ubuntu doesn't compile it in.  Complain to them.
>> >

>> to be a LITTLE more complete, Ubuntu doesn't include it because Debian
>> doesn't, and I believe Debian doesn't because of licensing issues
>> and/or other reasons.
>
> I should know this... when did this come about? I ask because the
> current version I'm runniny for everyday use is 2.2.6 from the debian
> sid repos. It appears to offer all the online features.

I apologize, I am out of touch with the latest in Debian, then.

My understanding was that In older versions the HBCI online banking
features were not compiled into Debian GnuCash packages due to a
complicated licensing and technical situation.  Since I don't use the
online banking features I'm not sure what it requires to activate.

Since Ubuntu does not change the GnuCash package, it should be the
same. My apologies if I have caused more confusion.