Force Run a Scheduled Transaction

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 23:36:03 EDT 2009

Dennis's suggestion below doesn't work for me in v.2.2.9 (Windows).  I tried:
(1) "Remind in Advance": 15 days for a scheduled transaction with "Next Occur" in 10 days
(2) Scheduled Transactions -> Since Last Run...
(3) In "Since Last Run..." window, change "Status" on transaction from (1) from "Reminder" to "To-Create"; click "Review created transactions" checkbox; click OK
Result: "Since Last Run..." Window closes with no review and no entries created in the accounts for the Scheduled Transaction from (1).

This result differs from the behavior of the similar window that appears at start-up when a "Next Occur" has passed (in which case it defaults to "To-Create").  In that case selecting "Review created transactions" brings up a ledger window in which the transaction details can be adjusted and then saved.

Can anyone reproduce this?  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

-----------------
Re: Force Run a Scheduled Transaction?
From: Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 10:52:10 EST 2009

Rafferty Uy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to force run a scheduled transaction even before the
> scheduled date?

What I do, is to set the reminder date about the number of days in
advance that I actually get a bill, or want to think about the
transaction.  That way, when I run the scheduled transactions, I see the
  txn much before it is due.  You can change the reminder to "to-create"
to enter the txn immediately, or you can just ignore it until later.

-Dennis