Bill System Questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 25 13:51:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

The fact that there are circular paths in the GUI is a direct
result of the pre-meditated choice to allow different mechanisms
to get to various business features.  Instead of forcing you to
get to different pages/dialogs only from one path through the UI
I chose explicitly to provide multiple ways to get to various
dialogs.   The result of this is that there are circular paths.

I'm sorry if that confused you, but it was a deliberate choice
to make it EASIER to get to a specific page.  Each page is
independent, with no knowledge of how you got to the page,
so going from A -> B -> C -> D doesn't let D know that it shouldn't
let you get to A again.  However you can get to C either through
the main menu or through B, or perhaps even from A or D.

As for my comments about stupid users and idiots, there are lots
of stupid people out there, and lots of idiots, too.  I certainly
wasn't directing it at you specifically.  I just pointing out that
gnucash is a tool and all tools can be used to help you or, if
used incorrectly, to hurt yourself.  Even the simple gardening
trowel can slice open your finger if used incorrectly.

I recognize you've worked hard over the years supplying bug reports
and periodically a patch or two, and I thank you for your continued
support.

-derek