Bill System Questions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 14:46:03 EDT 2009

Des, Derek and Elizabeth--

I appreciate all the assistance. I will strive to understand these features better. Posting the invoices will (obviously) help a great deal. It's too bad I didn't see the section on posting invoices in the Concept Guide, or the button on the toolbar; my eyes stayed within the Edit Bill window.

Derek, I take exception to your comments with regard to "stupid users" and "idiots." Your comments are rude, and do a disservice to the Gnucash community. Many software developers consider the input of their user base (even the "stupid" ones) to be a valuable asset, and use these inputs to gain insight on how their software is received by that user base. This feedback can serve to improve the software. I have seen over the years, however, that you frequently consider users to be annoyances best dealt with by insulting them, as you have done here.

I recognize that you have made great contributions to this software package, and I am sincerely grateful for both the software and your ongoing support for it.

In anticipation of your hackneyed response that "patches are always welcome," I will reiterate that I am not a programmer, and have done my best to help this software and this community in the ways I know how.

David