Tax-related checkbox

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:50:26 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I was not aware of the "new report". It may have been mentioned, but not
> described as fully as you have above (thanks).  So what you are suggesting
> above makes perfect sense and I will have a look at it (after I get my taxes
> done :-). Said another way, all of this discussion has taken place in the
> absence of knowledge, at least on my part, of a major change in the
> pipeline. I'll get back with comments, if any, after I've seen the new
> report.
>
> /Don

Just a thought - if you're going to do your taxes using data you keep
in gnucash, you may find the new report to be very useful (but only if
you've already assigned the proper tax categories to accounts and
entered your year's accounting transactions accordingly) even if you
don't do any TXF exporting to a tax package. If so, it is very easy to
get it (doesn't take any time to speak of) and use it in your current
version of gnucash and cannot in any way harm your data. If you're
interested and need any help, just let me know.

Alex