data file crashes gnucash

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 01:06:31 EDT 2009

My data file apparently became corrupt between closing it last night
and opening it tonight.

Initially gnucash would not open so I started trouble shooting to
find the problem. I run Linux so I launched a KDE console and tried
to run gnucash. The information dumped to the screen did not reveal
anything useful. I tried opening one of the *.xac files.

I have at least been able to get as far as being able to open the
data file but as soon as I try to open any of the accounts in the
data file, gnucash exists instantly without warning or error
message.

From the file manager I right clicked the data file and selected
open with ark. Then I opened the file in the ark window with Kate.
all my data is there.

I hope I don't have to manually re-enter all that data in a new
file.

Can any one tell me how to recover this data file so I can use it?

Thanks for any help I can get.

--
http://www.wowgreen.net/11324