data file crashes gnucash

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 30 10:14:34 EDT 2009

I had a similar problem a while ago.  The solution was to unzip the
file to xml format and then use Safari (or probably Firefox too) to
open the file.  Safari then complained about bad xml and spat out - in
nearly unreadable format - the file up to the error.  That let be
figure out where the error was.  I never figured out what the problem
was:  I ended up deleting the offending text field and retyping the
same text and it worked after that.

Lenore