data file crashes gnucash

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:51:56 EDT 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 12:31:45 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> genericmaillists at gmail.com writes:
> > My data file apparently became corrupt between closing it last
> > night and opening it tonight.
> >
> > Initially gnucash would not open so I started trouble shooting
> > to find the problem. I run Linux so I launched a KDE console
> > and tried to run gnucash. The information dumped to the screen
> > did not reveal anything useful. I tried opening one of the
> > *.xac files.
> >
> > I have at least been able to get as far as being able to open
> > the data file but as soon as I try to open any of the accounts
> > in the data file, gnucash exists instantly without warning or
> > error message.
> >
> >>From the file manager I right clicked the data file and
> >> selected
> >
> > open with ark. Then I opened the file in the ark window with
> > Kate. all my data is there.
> >
> > I hope I don't have to manually re-enter all that data in a new
> > file.
> >
> > Can any one tell me how to recover this data file so I can use
> > it?
> >
> > Thanks for any help I can get.
>
> What version of GnuCash?

gnucash 2.2.7 built from r17597M on 2008-12-06

> What OS/Distro?

PCLinuxOS 2009.1

> What, if anything, is printed in /tmp/gnucash.trace when you
> have a failed load?

nothing in /tmp/gnucash.trace

> Another option is to get a StackTrace?  (See the wiki)

will have a look

gnucash opens to the main accounts window. it will let me run
reports it just won't let me view the actual entries of any
accounts. gnucash closes instantly when i try.

here is the last entry in my messages log (this is all that shows
up)

kernel: gnucash-bin[25310]: segfault at 10 ip b7e375a6 sp bf9dafd0
error 6 in libgncmod-register-gnome.so[b7e1c000+21000]

--
http://www.wowgreen.net/11324