Does --add-price-quotes also get currencies ?

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Thu May 7 15:42:27 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:

>> Derek, I can't modify the status of the bug I've filled.
>> As you are the assignee, can you review and mark bug #581192 as
>> Resolved - Duplicate of bug #568945 ?
>
> Done.

Thanks.

In the meantime I can upgrade to 2.2.9, I'm trying to find a workaround...

I think the reason I'm having different result with the cron job
"gnucash --add-price-quote" is because the job is executed as root.

As user, the default currency is EUR.  So when I start GnuCash from
desktop (as user), and click on "Get quotes", I get the EUR-USD
exchange rate.

As root, the default currency is USD.  So when the cron job is executed,
it retrieves the USD-EUR exchange rate.

If I'm right, then the workaround would be to add the "--config-path"
argument in the crontab (?)

What is the default config path when I start GnuCash as user ?
$HOME/.gnucash  ?

The actual crontab entry I'm using is:
20 22 * * 1-5 gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/Documents/GNUCash/MonPortefeuille >/dev/null 2>&1 #JOB_ID_1

Would:
20 22 * * 1-5 gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/Documents/GNUCash/MonPortefeuille --config-path $HOME/.gnucash >/dev/null 2>&1 #JOB_ID_1
do the trick ?

AmigaPhil