Does --add-price-quotes also get currencies ?

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Thu May 7 17:11:48 EDT 2009

Geert Janssens wrote:

> Did you know you can also have a crontab for an ordinary user ? Maybe that can
>  solve your problem already.
>
> To install a crontab as an ordinary user, simply execute this command as that
> user: crontab -e or you can also execute it as root like this: crontab -e
> <username>

Yes.  I did edit crontab as user, and the $HOME variable used in the
command is properly pointing to my (user) home directory.

What I was thinking is maybe because cron is own by root, gnucash tries
to get the configuration from the root path (?)

>> What is the default config path when I start GnuCash as user ?
>> $HOME/.gnucash  ?
>>
>> The actual crontab entry I'm using is:
>> 20 22 * * 1-5 gnucash --add-price-quotes
>> $HOME/Documents/GNUCash/MonPortefeuille >/dev/null 2>&1 #JOB_ID_1
>>
>> Would:
>> 20 22 * * 1-5 gnucash --add-price-quotes
>> $HOME/Documents/GNUCash/MonPortefeuille --config-path $HOME/.gnucash
>> >/dev/null 2>&1 #JOB_ID_1 do the trick ?

I can test this in about 5 minutes, but I would like to be sure that the
default config-path : $HOME/.gnucash is correct.

AmigaPhil