Does --add-price-quotes also get currencies ?

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Thu May 7 17:43:20 EDT 2009

I wrote:

>> Did you know you can also have a crontab for an ordinary user ? Maybe that
>> can
>>  solve your problem already.
>>
>> To install a crontab as an ordinary user, simply execute this command as that
>> user: crontab -e or you can also execute it as root like this: crontab -e
>> <username>
>>
> Yes.  I did edit crontab as user, and the $HOME variable used in the
> command is properly pointing to my (user) home directory.

BTW, the $HOME/ part on the path in the command line is probably useless,
as the command is executed from the user's home dir.

> What I was thinking is maybe because cron is own by root, gnucash tries
> to get the configuration from the root path (?)
>
>>> Would:
>>> 20 22 * * 1-5 gnucash --add-price-quotes
>>> $HOME/Documents/GNUCash/MonPortefeuille --config-path $HOME/.gnucash
>>> do the trick ?
>>>
> I can test this in about 5 minutes, but I would like to be sure that the
> default config-path : $HOME/.gnucash is correct.

I did the test anyway, and adding "--config-path $HOME/.gnucash" to the
command has not made any change.  Either the config-path was wrong, or
adding the --config-path argument was not the expected workaround. (?)

Next idea is to login to Gnome desktop as root and change the system
currency from USD to EUR, to see if it will affect the results of the
cron job.

AmigaPhil