Confused.. why are my expenses "profits"

Ulrike Fischer gnucash at nililand.de
Fri May 8 04:17:45 EDT 2009

Am Wed, 6 May 2009 20:57:08 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Timber82:

> New user, why are my things I put under expenses showing up as a profit.. I
> have 171.00 expenses (deducted from my checking and credit card, and I have
> exactly 171 in profit at the bottom.. did i do something wrong?

No, I don't think so. You took 171 from your bank account and put it
in the expenses account. So the expenses account made a profit.
Somewhere in the preferences there is a tab where you can set if you
want to see in the account overview expenses as negative numbers (I
haven't done it, I prefer that only "real money accounts" are in red
when negative).

--
Ulrike Fischer