--add-price-quotes only running as root

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Wed May 13 19:31:15 EDT 2009

Carlos Eduardo Tavares Terra wrote:

> I don't know what else test. It isn't path problem.
> Are there any magic debug flags that I can use to try to find out the
> problem?

Dunno.  Someone from the dev. team is more likely to help here.

[ Please remember to Cc: to the list.  This will keep the thread
  consistent, and - unless private - your comments might help other
  readers.  See the reason explained in the first lines of the Welcome
  message you received when you subscribed (if you subscribed).

  (Don't worry, I did that too not too long ago.  ;-)  )
  See also this thread:
  http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-April/029583.html ]

The start of THIS thread is on:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-May/029821.html

>>> I am running GnuCash 2.2.9. I started to use this feature yesterday,
>>> so I don't know if it worked on another versions.
>>>
>>> I have installed Finance::Quote directly using CPAN.
>>>
>>> My file permission:
>>>
>>> [cyyi at mi117091 gnucash]$ ls -l eduardo
>>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 cyyi root 12398 Mai 11 15:58 eduardo
>>>
>>> It is storaged in a pen drive.
>>
>> (Hmm, I'm nearly running out of idea, sorry.)
>>

>> A path problem ?
>>
>> Can you test this:
>>
>>  $ su -
>>  # env
>>
>> (copy the value of PATH)
>>
>>  # exit
>>  $ env PATH="PasteHere" gnucash --add-price-quotes eduardo

AmigaPhil