Adding columns in the report

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Mon May 18 12:18:53 EDT 2009

liza wrote:
> Hi, I recently downloaded GNUcash, hoping to endorse soon to my placement
> Organization, browsed and generally understood. I am attaching a commonly
> required donor reporting format (in excel) for your review which we are
> currently using, and if you could assist, if possible, in customizing the
> reports. I have to be honest with the incharge that I have no background in
> pogramming, as per the wiki, it says, it needs a little "hacking". I opened
> the hello-world.scm and I do not know what to do about it, thus, this appeal
> for help.
>
> There is one other special thing about the requested customized report, that
> is the provision for a column for "implement percentage" which is basically
> the total disbursements divide by the approved budget. (We need this column
> to know whether we need to explain cases of overspending of 110% or more as
> a normal provision in a Project Contract Agreement).
>
> Please do let me know if there are vague items in the attached file. And, I
> do understand that my request is quite different  and it may need more than
> a little of your time. So, thank you in advance.
>
> Granted we be successful on this, this will surely benefit more than three
> community based groups here in the Thai-Burma Border Programme.
>
> Thank you for time and for looking into this.
>
> Cheers,
> Flordeliza Lopez
> Volunteer-Volunteering Service Overseas (VSO)
> Thai-Burma Border Programme
> Thailand

I don't have the expertise myself, but this looks like an opportunity
for someone with the requisite skills to make an important contribution
to a group that could definitely use it.  Check out the Karen in
Wikipedia: Daw Aun Sung Suu Kyi isn't the only one having problems with
the Burmese government.

Cheers

Cam