Using Downloads of Accounts

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Mon May 18 17:27:37 EDT 2009

I'm finding very little information at my local credit union about downloading
my account activity, (although I've sent a request for more info), although
when I'm interactively online, it says I can download accounts activity in
the following formats:

Download to Quicken
Download to Quickbooks
Download to Microsoft Money
Download to Simply Accounting
Download to Comma Delimited Text
Download to PDF

With these options, which one would give me the least amount of trouble to
import into Gnucash?

Is there a recommended url for documentation on how to accomplish this?

Lastly, it occurs to me that downloading account activity will result in all
my cheques only being noticed by the credit union when they clear, not when I
write them. Do I stop entering my cheques in Gnucash and only use the banking
data? It seems to me if i do that I can miss cheques that take a long time to
clear.

How do the rest of you deal with this?

Bob
Bob Smits, bob at rsmits.ca