Reports print beyond the page boundary.

Mke C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Wed May 20 09:35:10 EDT 2009

Colin Scott wrote:
> On a wide report, data can be silently lost off the right hand side of
> the page when printing.  (I have an account tree nested 5 deep, and
> printing an Account Summary at full depth, the total figure for the tree
> was lost off the right hand edge of the page.  This seems to happen
> within Gnucash itself, before the data is passed to the printer driver,
> as even setting the driver to print at a reduced size does not recover
> the lost information.
>
> Note that, although the report displays properly initially, after
> printing the display is redrawn;  it is wider, and also truncated towards
> the RH edge, apparently reflecting what gets printed.
>
> I is apparently no mechanism within Gnucash for the user to control the
> page layout, so it would appear that some reports simply cannot be
> printed direct from Gnucash.
>
> Using 2.2.9 in Windows XP-SP3, built from r17949M on 2009-02-23.
>
> Colin

I haven't tried printing but had a similar problem displaying the whole
report page.  The problem was that the type account in the Account Edit
screen (mutual fund) didn't match the security/currency type in the
setup (cash).  Also the Grand Total was not displayed on the Account
list.  Making these match fixed both problems.  This doesn't seem to
make sense but it fixed my problem using Windows XP.
Mike