Reports print beyond the page boundary.

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Wed May 20 05:32:00 EDT 2009

On a wide report, data can be silently lost off the right hand side of
the page when printing.  (I have an account tree nested 5 deep, and
printing an Account Summary at full depth, the total figure for the tree
was lost off the right hand edge of the page.  This seems to happen
within Gnucash itself, before the data is passed to the printer driver,
as even setting the driver to print at a reduced size does not recover
the lost information.

Note that, although the report displays properly initially, after
printing the display is redrawn;  it is wider, and also truncated towards
the RH edge, apparently reflecting what gets printed.

I is apparently no mechanism within Gnucash for the user to control the
page layout, so it would appear that some reports simply cannot be
printed direct from Gnucash.

Using 2.2.9 in Windows XP-SP3, built from r17949M on 2009-02-23.

Colin