Unable to make FQ fetch fund details from AMFIIndia site!

Savio D'Souza joycesavio at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:47:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

For a while now, I've been facing an issue with doing online quote updates
using FQ. I'm not a perl developer but reading through the module, I
realised that the link containing the NAV's had changed to
http://www.amfiindia.com/spages/NAV0.txt </>. I attempted to change the code
and have attached the changes to this message.
----------------------
This seems to work and when I tried the command 'gnc-fq-dump amfiindia
100081' this is the output I got:
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: 100081 (deduced)     <=== required
      date: 05/26/2009           <=== required
  currency: INR                  <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav: 45.6640              <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

When I tried to do an update in GnuCash, the update failed. At this point,
I'm lost.

BTW, after this change to the code, it seems that even the online updates
from Yahoo have stopped working for me not only the amfiindia ones. Any
ideas anyone?

Sincerely
Savio D'Souza