Dealing with a supplier credit

Des Dougan des at douganconsulting.com
Sat May 30 18:02:36 EDT 2009

Cam,

On 25 May 2009, at 21:17, Cam Ellison wrote:

> Des Dougan wrote:
>> A client of mine bought a laptop battery which was subsequently
>> returned. My supplier will not refund me, but has credited my account
>> with them. How should I manage this in GNUCash's business functions?
>
> Enter it as a payment against that Payable account, just as if you
> were
> paying an invoice.  If you don't have an invoice number, and usually
> use
> theirs, you may have to fake one.  It's easiest if you have an unpaid
> invoice - just treat it as a partial payment, using that invoice
> number.
>
> HTH
>
> Cam

Thanks for this. If I use the business features to "pay" the credit, I
can't select the Expense account as the transfer account, so are you
suggesting just to assign the credit in the Register?

Thanks,

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group Inc.

Office:		604-628-5434
Cell:   	604-866-2848
Email:  	des at DouganConsulting dot com

         www.DouganConsulting.com

Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.