GC 2.3.7 in Karmic Kubuntu

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:01:59 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 04:18:20 pm Tommy Trussell wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au>wrote:
> > > I am downloading karmic, but for me, it is a second OS that
> > > I rarely use.   There is no link from Ubuntu's home page to their
> > > Debian-style
> > > packages list to check versions, and their search facility doesn't find
> > > it.
> >
> > The place to find the package versions in Ubuntu repositories is:
> >
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/

> > The equivalent search page for Debian packages:
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
> >

> Thanks Tommy.  Fine if you already know.  I am running Mandriva, and there is
> nothing equivalent.
>
> Doug.

Hi -- I know extremely little about Mandriva, but it appears there is
a site called club.mandriva.com that may possibly provide something
similar:

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/rpms/

I don't know if this is the place to look for the latest information
when, say GnuCash is updated.

Every distro has its own procedures and terminology -- Mandriva's
"cooker" seems to correlate to Debian's testing repository, and
Ubuntu's "development" or "release+1" repository.