gnucash won't open

houndhen hh6199 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 09:27:22 EST 2009

Thanks for all your efforts, Derek and everyone else. It turned out to be a
problem with Mepis and not Gnucash. I had posted my problem here and at the
Mepis forum because the datafile would open in another distro. Anyhow, I
didn't try your last effort Derek because as the thread progressed in the
Mepis forum it seemed to me that it was a problem within the Mepis
community. As it turned out, after I updated Gnucash to version 2.2.9 and
deleted the .gnucash from the home folder everything works fine. Thanks
again for everyone's efforts to help. It has been a learning experience. Is
there a way to mark this thread as solved?

Harold