Possible bug with Cash Flow Report

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 15:04:55 EST 2009

On Friday 06 November 2009 Anthony Nelson wrote:

> Ok,  I re-ran the Cash Flow report with only the Loan From
> Shareholder account selected.  I've attached a screen shot of the
> report.  It looks, to me at least, the way it should showing $5000
> in and $5000 out.   But, of course, none of the other cash flow
> elements are displayed.

But "Loan from Shareholder" is NOT cash. At least not by any
definition that I have ever seen. By "selecting" that account in
GNUcash's Cash Flow Statement options, you are defining that account
as being cash. You apparently do not clearly understand what a cash
flow statement is. It is a statement of the *changes* in cash and
near-cash accounts (i.e.liquid asset accounts). You may find this page
informative:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_flow_statement

Jim