Query regarding invoice numbering

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Nov 11 04:45:20 EST 2009

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 06:56:29 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew Smith <eurodrew555 at yahoo.com.au> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is any way to reset the automated invoice
> > numbering so it starts from a specific number?
>
> You need to hand-edit the data file.  There is no way to do this in the UI.

Hi
Just to elaborate - near the top of my data file (about 50 lines in), I find
this:

      <slot>
        <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key>
        <slot:value type="integer">559</slot:value>
      </slot>

559 is my most recently created invoice.   I think that GC pads the leading
zeroes on automatically.

Make sure you take a backup copy of your data before hand editing the file,
just in case

HTH,
Maf.