Not Able to Export the accounts from GNU-CASH

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Nov 13 12:03:39 EST 2009

>I have problem when i tried to Export the accounts file from GNU CASH.
>
>My objective is to create some file so that i can tranport those accounts
>and there balences to another Desktop having GNU cash running on it.
>
>Can Any one provide me the solution.

Why would you want to do this by export/import?

Think in more general terms. Suppose your old computer died and you
obtained a new one. Luckily you made backups of your all your data (you
have a copy of your entire data directory (file folder) ). You would do
a "restore from backup" operation copying that folder to your new
computer from the backup. So what you might want to ask instead is "how
do I make a backup?" (of the folder/directory in which this data
resides) and "how do I restore from backup?" Note that these are more
general questions than "how do I do this for GnuCash data?". The only
part of this that is specific to Gnucash is if you are unable to
discover where GnuCash puts the data (if you allowed that to be some
default location instead of specifying where you wanted the data to be).

Michael