Not Able to Export the accounts from GNU-CASH

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 18:21:06 EST 2009

I think it should be stated:

THE GNUCASH 2.3.X SERIES IS UNSTABLE.

If you *want* to be testing Gnucash's new features (and ferret out the software's bugs, with a risk to the integrity of your data), then by all means continue to use it. But, if is your goal to use Gnucash to track your actual finances, you should go back to the Gnucash website and download Gnucash 2.2.9 for your operating system.

If your situation is the latter, then I believe that you need to use the Save As XML option in 2.3.2 to create a backwards-compatible data file that you can load into 2.2.9. I don't know for sure because I am only using 2.2.9.

David

P.S.: The "latest" version of the 2.3.x branch is actually 2.3.7...