Backing up Gnucash accounts

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 05:29:00 EST 2009

BPG wrote:
> What I really mean is how do I backup gnucash so I can move my account data
> files over to another computer and work on everything there?

'Do wot I do':

Make sure you have the same GNUcash version on both machines and use
dropbox to synchronise and backup the files for you.

See:

https://www.dropbox.com/

Then on each machine use gnucash file open to point at the place in the
drop box for your account files. Something like:

my documents/dropbox/company-name

I have dropbox on my laptop so I can take my GnuCash accounts off-site too.

Have fun.

Berni

PS: I have nothing to do with dropbox it is free and available for Mac,
Linux and another os.