OFX download problems

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 19 01:22:00 EST 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 11:13 PM, BPG wrote:

> How do I fix this one-
>

> Resolving hostname "ofx.bankofamerica.com" ...
> IP address is 171.159.193.167
> Creating HTTPS connection
> Connecting...
> Sending request...
> Waiting for response...
> Parsing response...
> Disconnecting...
> Parsing response
> OFX: General error (Online Banking does not support the version of software
> that you are attempting to use. Please contact Bank of America at
> 800-792-0808 or visit bankofamerica.com for more information.)
> OFX: General error (Online Banking does not support the version of software
> that you are attempting to use. Please contact Bank of America at
> 800-792-0808 or visit bankofamerica.com for more information.)
> Job gettransactions had an error: Online Banking does not support the
> version of software that you are attempting to use. Please contact Bank of
> America at 800-792-0808 or visit bankofamerica.com for more information.
>

> I'm using Gnu 2.2.9 and Windows XP

You can try messing with the aqbanking setup data. In the OFX tab of User Configuration in the  the aqbanking wizard in gnucash, set APPID to "QWIN" and APPVER to "1700" or "1800" (no quotes for either). I'd recommend starting with 1700 to see if you still get the same error message. If so, change to 1800, but be ready for a different error message that indicates you're out of luck with respect to directconnect connections.

If you do succeed, please let the list know. There have been several requests regarding BofA in the past months. I don't remember seeing any reports of success recently.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net