Gnucash REALLY slow

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 19 08:14:13 EST 2009

Hi,

Please remember to CC the list on all your replies using your
mailer's reply-to-list or reply-all functionality..

BPG <bigskypa at gmail.com> writes:

> The following are running slow;
>
> Reports,  Startup, Saving, deleting accounts

Again, define "slow"?

Reports can be slow depending on how much data you have.  Same with
Saving your file (it writes out the whole file every time).  Startup can
be slow, again, depending on how much data you have.  But I don't know
why deleting accounts would ever be slow.

Also, how much RAM do you have in your system?  And what else is
running?   GnuCash can certainly be a bit of a memory hog.

Note that GnuCash is mainly developed on Linux.  Windows and Mac are
"secondary" platforms.

-derek