Gnucash saved Data in SQLite, but cannot open it

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 19 08:34:16 EST 2009

Hi,

LR <derhairstylist at yahoo.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I used Gnucash 2.3.3 (WIN) or something. I made some bookings and saved the file on my hd. But when I tried to open the file again I get the error message that this url could not be processed.
>
> I opened the file with an editor and I could read somewhere "SQLITE". This file could be opened with SQTView and there are a lot of tables.
>
> Finally I upgraded to 2.3.9 on Windows XP.

There is no 2.3.9.  Do you mean 2.2.9?  If so -- 2.2.9 doesn't support
SQLite, SQLite is new-in-2.3.x.

> How can I access this data again with Gnucash or is the information lost?

If you DID downgrade from the 2.3.x test releases to 2.2.9, then yes,
your SQLite data will be inaccessible.  What you will need to do is
re-install 2.3.3, File -> Save As -> [XML], and then you can go back to
2.2.9 and read the data.