Question about Linux.

Pablo Francesca rshgeneral at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 19:13:30 EST 2009

The advantages of Linux are very subjective.  (Ubuntu Linux has helped make things easier)

It will most likely NOT run all of your windows problems.

You can switch between XP and Linux.

I'd be hesitant to recommend Linux based on your previous posts.  Learning Linux and making open source a viable option requires time  (you did spend some time learning Gnu cash, so thats a plus).  I run GnuCash on XP with the latest stable version with only one minor bug (solution posted by a fellow user a few weeks ago).  If you are willing to expend the time and energy to learn the difference in Linux, you may be amply rewarded.  However, you may end up saying goodbye to Linux in 3 days.