Windows and Ubuntu on same system- Ubuntu runs GnuCash?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Nov 20 12:03:30 EST 2009

At Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:23:52 -0500 BPG <bigskypa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'm not really giving up just yet.
>
> I've learned a little bit.
>
> Question- can I run Gnucash on my computer using Ubuntu and then switch over
> to Windows when I'm done working with GnuCash?
>
> I think the answer "yes" but I just want to know from you folks if my
> computer's going to get messed up because of the 2 different systems.
>
> What do you think?

If the two O/Ss are properly installed, there should not be any
problems.  You can run either OS as a 'guest' OS using some sort of
virtualization software (eg vmware and others).  This allows *both*
operating systems to run at the same time.  It is possible using this to
share common disk space as well (the host system would provide a 'share'
and guest would mount the share, using the virtual network between the
two).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933