Please Help!!!! Cannot open my gnucash file!

JP Briggs jp.briggs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:34:53 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "jp.briggs" <jp.briggs at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > When I try opening my file, I get an error window: Can't parse the URL
> > /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn
> > Then if I try to open my file with --debug --extra, here's the terminal
> > output when the error pops up:
> > jp at Macbuntu:~/Documents/gnucash$ gnucash --debug --extra JPandRobyn
> > gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
> configure
> > time.
> >
> > Found Finance::Quote version 1.16
> > /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn:2: element gconf: Schemas validity
> > error : Element 'gconf': No matching global declaration available for the
> > validation root.
> > /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn:2: element gconf: Schemas validity
> > error : Element 'gconf': No matching global declaration available for the
> > validation root.
> > /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn:2: element gconf: Schemas validity
> > error : Element 'gconf': No matching global declaration available for the
> > validation root.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this recently, or know what I can do to fix this?!? I
> really
> > need access to my financial data.
>
> Umm, there's no 'gconf' element in a GnuCash file.  What are the first
> few lines of /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn?  (If it's
> compressed, use something like:
>  zcat /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn | head
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -JP

> -derek
> --
>       warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

jp at Macbuntu:~/Documents/gnucash$ cat JPandRobyn | head
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
    <entry name="file0" mtime="1258650368" type="string">
        <stringvalue>/home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn</stringvalue>
    </entry>
</gconf>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
    <entry name="sort_order" mtime="1256567967" type="string">
        <stringvalue>ascending</stringvalue>