Please Help!!!! Cannot open my gnucash file!

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 20 11:04:02 EST 2009

Hi,

"jp.briggs" <jp.briggs at gmail.com> writes:

> When I try opening my file, I get an error window: Can't parse the URL
> /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn
> Then if I try to open my file with --debug --extra, here's the terminal
> output when the error pops up:
> jp at Macbuntu:~/Documents/gnucash$ gnucash --debug --extra JPandRobyn
> gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure
> time.
>
> Found Finance::Quote version 1.16
> /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn:2: element gconf: Schemas validity
> error : Element 'gconf': No matching global declaration available for the
> validation root.
> /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn:2: element gconf: Schemas validity
> error : Element 'gconf': No matching global declaration available for the
> validation root.
> /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn:2: element gconf: Schemas validity
> error : Element 'gconf': No matching global declaration available for the
> validation root.
>
> Has anyone seen this recently, or know what I can do to fix this?!? I really
> need access to my financial data.

Umm, there's no 'gconf' element in a GnuCash file.  What are the first
few lines of /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn?  (If it's
compressed, use something like:
  zcat /home/jp/Documents/gnucash/JPandRobyn | head