Please Help!!!! Cannot open my gnucash file!

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Sat Nov 21 11:29:07 EST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:21:46 -0500
JP Briggs <jp.briggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, this is weird. So Ubuntu is running on a Virtual Machine. I rolled back
> to a previous snapshot (unfortunately losing transactions back to August). I
> painstakingly recreated all my transactions as best as possible to current.
> Then I BACKED the data up (should've done that the first time obviously).

GnuCash always saves the previous version. So if can't open your
current file, you should still have the last file you were able to open
and loose only the transactions of that day or so. Even those could
perhaps be found in the .log file.

Throw a glance at

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-guide/basics-backup1.html#basics-backupxac2

Manfred