Error After Failed Export of Accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 27 17:15:33 EST 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 16:58:09 Dan Turnipseed wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> The attached error message is returned each time I launch GnuCash.  It
> appeared for the first time after I attempted to Export my Accounts using
> the "Export Accounts" item from the File Menu while viewing the Accounts
> tab.  How might I go about eliminating this error while preserving all of
> my data?
>
> Thank You,
> Dan

Hi Dan,

This means one of two things.
1. You have more than one instance of GC running at one time, trying to access
the same data store (which is a Bad Idea and GC tries to stop you doing it).

2. At some time previously, GC crashed and didn't have the ability to remove
the lock on your data file.

In the case of scenario 1, just push "quit" and find the other running
instance and carry on using that instance.

If you are certain that there is not another instance of GC running, then
either:
A. Just hit "open anyway"
or
B. Go to the folder indicated (HouseholdGnu), take a backup copy of your data
file, then delete any .LCK or .LNK files you can find in that folder. (they
may be hidden) and start GC as normal.

HTH,
Maf.