"Statutory Accounts"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Nov 29 12:58:45 EST 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 16:28:18 Rick Griffiths wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new to this list, but I've been using GNUCash for some time, so do tell
> me off if I'm asking something obvious/already answered - I couldn't find
> any mention in the archives...
>
> I run a small company (in the UK) and use GNUCash's business modules to do
> most of my accounting. I've come to my end-of-year and need to produce
> something called 'statutory accounts', which an accountant I saw claims are
> normally a feature of finance packages - I looked through GNUCash's reports
> operations but couldn't find anything by that name- I wonder if there is an
> analogous set of reports which fulfil the same criteria?

Hi Rick,

My accountant is usually able to work from a combination of a Balance Sheet,
Income and expense summary, and various bits of massaged transaction report
for capital equipment pools txns.  From those, he produces the statutory
accounts in the correct format and wording to send to Companies House, and
also does my corporation tax return.

I also produce a Income/Expense detail report, from a customised transaction
report.

> I've also seen something recently about accounts needing to be sent in XBRL
> format - any idea on whether this is a feature (maybe this should be
> directed at the 'dev' list?)

What's XBRL? Sent where?

HTH,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542