How to differ opened tabs with the same name?

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior lcjunior at ufrj.br
Tue Oct 13 14:54:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a suggestion, based on something that use to happen with myself.
For example, have a look in my structure:
> Me
>> Bank 1
>>> CheckingAccount
>>> Investiment 1
>> Bank 2
>>> CheckingAccount
>>> Investiment 1
> My wife
>> Bank 3
>>> CheckingAccount
>>> Investiment 1
>> Bank 4
>>> CheckingAccount
>>> Investiment 1

If we think in my account structure as a tree, some of the leaves have the
same name. Of course they are different accounts, but when they are opened,
gnucash shows only the last name of each account and so they look like the
same in the tab list. If I open all CheckingAccounts, it will appear like:

CheckingAccount
CheckingAccount
CheckingAccount
CheckingAccount

Additionally, when some account is selected, there is no way to know its
"complete name", so we have to know which one was selected.

Hence, my suggestions (options) are:

   - Allow to put colors in the account tabs: the color would be selected in
   the accounts properties and, by default, it would inherit parent's color;
   - Show the "complete name" of each account when it is selected.

I am suggesting this because I couldn't find other way to do it. If there is
such way, please let me know.

Best regards,
LC