BACKING UP

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 20 11:09:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

"Laverne Willmarth" <lavern000 at centurytel.net> writes:

> How do I back up an account on GnuCash? Thank you

Do you mean that you want to back up your whole data file?  In that
case you just need to copy it off somewhere, just like you'd backup a
Word or Excel document.

If you're asking how to backup just a single account out of your data
file, that's a little more complicated, and not something easily done.

I'm assuming you were asking the former question.

As for the follow up question, "where is your data file", well, the
answer is "where did you tell GnuCash to store it?  and what did you
tell GnuCash to name it?"  If you really don't know you can open the
File menu and look in the file history for the filename, and then either
search for that, or try File -> Open and see what directory it opens up
for you.

Hope this helps,