Warnings, duplicate filenames and still save probs

Paul Openshaw paulopenshaw at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 24 12:24:01 EDT 2009

Hello Derek
I am now using 2.2.7 on windows Vista having upgraded.
Both before moving from 2.2.5 and still now I have 2 problems

1. whenever I enter an item in the cash book or bank or do a reconciliation etc I keep getting a warning 'Unable to save to database' any idea how to get rid of this warning. The data does seem to save and is all there when I reopen Gnucash again.

2. somehow I seem to have acquired 2 sets of account/business files with the same name but one has corrupt data in it (probably following failed attempts to backup). For example the Bank account only shows deposits and a few payments. Wish it was true. How can I delete the bad file, as the other, with the above exception in 1, seems to be fine

3. A follow on from my original question, Because I am not a computer wizz, I still do not know how to save/backup my data files to an external drive for safe keeping. I have searched all over for them but I am not quite sure of what to look for or where.

Sorry to be a computer illiterate. I do love Gnucash however. I have mainly used Sage and Quicken in the past an I am impressed.

Thanks
Paul Openshaw

Camping Fuengirola 428
Ctra. N340 Km 207