Change to the starting / ending period dates in the preferences menu causes crash

Tony Lawson lawson.aj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:59:01 EDT 2009

No replies to my 24 Oct email, but since then I have uninstalled and
reinstalled gnucash several times, but it still crashes whether I try to
open any current or backup files, or try to create a new file???

The error signature (mentioned below) gives option to 'debug', which I have
done, but I don't know where the result of that button is??

Can anyone point me to what I should be doing to solve this problem?

Gnucash suits my purposes admirably, but I am not happy about losing 9
months of records!!
I have since found that to change the reporting period that I should be"
right clicking on the reportand choose Report Options. Then set the time
period, and specify which accounts you want in the report"

rather than altering the accounting period of the file in the preferences
menu - which has caused all this problem!!!

but why after uninstall / reinstall of gnucash will it not work on any
previous or new file?

Cheers

Tony

"Message: 8