Company File Lost

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Oct 28 05:33:21 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 05:32:47 Doug Rogers wrote:
> Today and this evening I spent several hours reading about the program
> and its procedures.  I set up all of my accounts and was beginning to
> record the beginning balances.  After attempting to record a
> transaction the program aborted.
>
> Since then I have not been able to find and reload my company.
> Are there suggestions or instrucitons on how to recover my company?
>
> It was backed up every 5 minutes during the input of the accounts.
>
> Thanks for the help if available.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

Which version of GC?  If it is one of the test 2.3.x versions, then my idea
below may not work, if your data was in a new SQL database, rather than an
XML-file.

All I can suggest is that you search your hard disk for files ending .xac  -
that is the default extension for GC backups.  If you find a bunch of those,
then look in that directory, and your main account file should be there
(it's the one without the timestamp in the file name!)

HTH,
Maf.