Returned Payment, Returned Deposit

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 28 10:10:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

Please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.

Pablo Francesca <rshgeneral at yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand this suggestion. You can't have a negative total for
> an invoice. You can't have a negative amount for a payment.
> I think this was suggested on the message boards, but someone had written that
> it would inflate earnings.  To which account would the invoice transfer?

You don't need a negative invoice.  An invoice will debit AR, a payment
will credit AR.  All you need to do is create an invoice to your
Checking account in order to credit your checking and debit AR.  This
will "reverse" the payment.

-derek