gnucash will not open accounts with Vista

Kathy and Ted Aston teka at freeuk.com
Wed Sep 2 10:32:13 EDT 2009

I am using gnucash 2.2.9 and Vista build 6001- Home Premium edition

When I start gnucash the list of accounts appears ok
when I select an account it opens ok and then I can close it and return to the list of account screen
Now I am unable to open (by using the mouse and clicking an account name) and the top line of menu headings changes with Report tools windows and help each replaced by "BU actions"

If I click on the maximize the window   icon (top right of screen) and working in a smaller size window then all is well!

I had problem couple of months ago similar to this which I cured by running gnucash in compatible mode for XP with service pack 2 - the compatibility is still set for XP