Both 2.2.9 and 2.3.5 on Windows?

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at frii.com
Thu Sep 3 10:18:26 EDT 2009

Hello,

I just installed Guncash-2.3.5 (Windows) to play with
it a little.  I installed it to a different "Program Files"
subdirectory than my existing 2.2.9 installation.  But
after it installed, I can no longer start gnucash-2.2.9.
When I try, I get an error message box that says,
"Unspecified fatal error encountered, exiting", followed
by another error message box that says, "Runtime error,
... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate
in an unusual way..."  The problem seems to be that both
versions of Gnucash seem to use the same USERPROFILE/.gconf/
directory and the settings recorded there are not compatible
between the two versions.

Is there some way I can tell the gnucash-2.3.5 install
to use a different .gconf directory?  Or some other way
to run two Gnucash versions without them stepping on
each other?